Friday 23 August 2013

PSALM FORTY Progression of prayer.

Psalm 40  New American Bible (1970)
2  I have waited, waited for the LORD
       and he stooped toward me and heard my cry.
3  He drew me out of the pit of destruction,
       out of the mud of the swamp;
    He set me free upon a crag;
       he made firm my steps.
4 And he put a new song into my mouth,
       a hymn to our God.
   Many shall look on in awe
       and trust in the LORD.

PROGRESSION OF THE PRAYER OF FAITH AND TRUST
Patient waiting links the prayer of faith to the divine response. The song of thanksgiving leads on to public praise and testimony. The prayer of the redeemed has been heard and attended to by the Lord of the universe ! In Psalm 40 praise is identified with song and music. A new song, inspired by God, sounds spontaneous.  Spontaneous praise sounds charismatic.
The spirit filled praise and thanksgiving, and the personal sharing and public testimony caused many to look on in awe and trust in the Lord. A gracious and powerful work of The Holy Spirit with life changing grace for those who saw and heard was the personal experience of thousands of people during the time of charismatic renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment