Sunday 25 August 2013

PSALM FORTY The Will of God.

Psalm 40:8  New Revised Standard Version
I delight to do your will, O my God;
     your law is written within my heart.

The desire that springs from our heart is happily in tune with our personal disposition.
This is opposite to legalism or mandatory fulfillment of imposed obligations.
Our delight in the will of God is more than voluntary.
We are motivated most strongly to think and act in harmony with the will of God.
The voluntary sacrifice of our will to His is the most desired offering we can make.
In His  love for us, His will for us exceeds anything we can imagine .

People do not make profession of Holy Vows every day, but when you look at this verse;
it is personal,  one to one and addressed to our God.

"To do your will, O my God, is my delight
       and Your Law is written within my heart".

To pray this verse with conviction ...is strong...deep..and engaging...an encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment