Wednesday 21 August 2013

PSALM THIRTY-NINE HOPE

From The New English Bible Psalm 39:7
And now , Lord, what do I  wait for?
  My hope is in thee.

truly my hope is even in thee  (from the book of Common Prayer)

When we pray this verse we do so as a personal confession of faith,
speaking to the Lord
"My hope is in you"   AMEN.

From The New American Bible 1st edition  Psalm 39:18
Hear my prayer, O LORD,
                            to my cry give ear;
                            to my weeping be not deaf !
For I am but a wayfarer before you,
                            a pilgrim like all my forefathers.

NAB    a wayfarer                       a pilgrim
AV       a stranger                        a sojourner
NLT     a traveler passing through

When we pray as a sojourner, that is part of our disposition in prayer,
as a pilgrim passing through.
As sojourners we come and go. What traces will we leave of our faith?
....empty buildings or radiant communities of faith ?

No comments:

Post a Comment