Friday 5 September 2014

PSALM 104 Meditation

Psalm 104:34 ESV   May my meditation be pleasing to him,
                                   for I rejoice in the Lord

The thoughts and prayers of the psalmist are with the LORD.
It is the desire of the psalmist that his thoughts and prayers
would be acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.

Psalm 19:14 ESV   Let the words  of my mouth and the 
                                 meditation of my heart
                                 be acceptable in your sight
                                 O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

It is clear that the psalmist is talking about communication
from his heart, via his own mouth, to please the heart
 of the Lord his God.
                                I rejoice in the LORD                from verse 34 ESV
                                I will be glad in the LORD        from verse 34 KJV
                                I shall delight in the LORD       from verse 34 REB

This heart to heart personal relationship
gives the psalmist great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment