Friday 28 November 2014

PSALM 116:10 According to Paul

Amos 3:8 KJV
The lion hath roared who will not fear ?
The Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy ?

Psalm 116:10 KJV
I believed, therefor I have spoken:

Psalm 115  (116)  The Septuagint Brenton's translation.
I believed, wherefore I have spoken:

2nd Corinthians 4;13 Good News Bible
13 The scripture says, "I have spoken because I believed."
In the same spirit of faith, we also speak because we believe.

2nd Corinthians 4:13 Jerusalem
13 But as we have the same spirit of faith
     that is mentioned in scripture--
14" I believed, and therefor I spoke"--
       we too believe and therefore we too speak ,
      knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus to life
      will raise us up with Jesus in our turn,
      and put us by his side and you with us.

Paul's take on Psalm 116:10 is revealed in the New Testament
and is therefore the inspired word of God.
This passage is therefore worth our close and careful attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment