Saturday 23 July 2016

PSALM 40 From Waiting to Worshipping

Psalm 40:1-3 NIV
I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear 
   and put their trust in the Lord.

Waiting on the Lord is an act of prayer
  Worshipping the Lord is an act of prayer.
From waiting to worshipping is progression in prayer.
The prayer of faith and hope and trust can lead to the
prayer of waiting. It is an active prayer which we make
before our creator.  It is the prayer of the redeemed.
The prayer of the redeemed is heard by the Lord of the universe.
In spirit and Truth, the new song in our mouth is a hymn to God
A gracious and powerful work of the Holy Spirit
lifts our prayer from waiting to worship.

Psalm 40:7-8 NIV
Then I said ,"Here I am, I have come-
  it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, O my God;
 your law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:7 is quoted in Hebrews 10:7

Hebrews 10:7 NIV
Then I said, "Here I am-- 
  it is written about me in the scroll--
I have come to do your will. O God."

Hebrews 10:10 NIV
And by that will, we have been made holy through the
 sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:19-23 NIV
Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter
the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new 
and living way opened for us through the curtain,
that is, his body,  and since we have a great high priest
over the house of God,  let us draw near to God  with a 
sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts
sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and
having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us 
hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for 
he who promised is faithful.

In the power of the Spirit we engage with our Creator
and with our Redeemer.

Psalm 40:16 NIV
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment