Monday 10 July 2017

PSALM 42 Having Walked with God

Psalm 42:1-5 Tanakh Translation
Like a hind crying for water, my soul cries for You, O God;
my soul thirsts for God, the living God;
O when will I come to appear before God!
My tears have been my food, day and night;
I am ever taunted with,  "Where is your God?"
When I think of this , I pour out my soul;
how I walked with the crowd, moved with them,
the festive throng, to the house of God with joyous shouts of praise.
Why so downcast, my soul, why disquieted within me ?
Have hope in God; I will yet praise Him for His saving presence. 

The psalmist sings of his need for God. He sings of his own strong
desire to know God's presence.  David has experienced God's presence.
He is a man who has walked with God, That memory is within him
because he has experienced the presence of God. That memory sustains
him and motivates him, to get on with it, to keep going and to continue
to put his shoulder to the plough
The memory of Chris's presence enables and sustains us. When together
we invoke the memory of Christ,  His presence in our memory is a
unifying shared experience.       At that moment we are greatly unified .

The people of the bombed church in Sudan are members of my church.
The young woman jailed and under sentence of death in Pakistan is
a member of my church..

We stand in the prayers of many who pray 
"First for all men"

No comments:

Post a Comment