Sunday 6 April 2014

PSALM 73:2-3 God's Way

Psalm 73:2-3 NCV
2        But as for me, I nearly lost my balance;
          I was almost at the point of stumbling.
3        For I was filled with envy of the arrogant
          when I perceived how the wicked prosper.

The fact that a believer can come to a point of stumbling
shows the need for that discernment which comes only
from "Your counsel" i.e. God given wisdom and counsel.

Psalm 73:24 NCV
           You guide me with Your counsel,
           and afterward you will receive me into glory.

Like the psalmist we chose not to give our lives over to darkness and destruction.
With the psalmist we choose God's way because we are utterly convinced that
God's will for us is the most wholesome and the very best. He loves us so much
that He gave His only begotten Son , that whoever believes in Him
shall not perish , but have eternal life.
     everyone who does evil hates the light.......
but he who practices the truth comes to the Light.
                                                                        from John 3  NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment