Monday 14 April 2014

PSALM 73:28 God's Love

Psalm 73:28  The Psalms of David  ( Church of Scotland )
28     But surely it is good for me
                that I draw near to God:
         In God I Trust, that all thy works
                I may declare abroad.

The trust mentioned here is more than a vague hope.
The trust is that the will of God for me
is the most wholesome thing possible
and that anything else falls short.
Being utterly convinced of this
we eagerly seek to know and to do the will of God.

Psalm 73:28 Good News Bible
28     But as for me, how wonderful to be near God,
              to find protection with the Sovereign Lord
         and to proclaim all that he has done !

But the psalmist has found a lot more than security
and protection: He has found faith and trust  in the Lord,
faith and trust in the will of God.
In fact he has found faith and trust in the love of God
and in all the actions of the God who is his counselor,
enough to say.....
                          surely goodness and mercy
will follow me all my days......and I will live
in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 73: 28 New Catholic Version
As for me, my happiness is to be near God,
      and I have made the Lord my refuge
I will proclaim all your works
      at the gates of the Daughters of Zion.

There is a prayer of thanksgiving -- for all God has done
and a proclamation of faith and oneness in God's purposes
a prayer of humility recognizing every other person 
to be God's creation---
a fellow creature in God's love.

1 John 4:15-16 New International Version
15    If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God,
        God lives in him and he in God.
16    And so we know and rely on the love of God for us.
        God is love
        Whoever lives in love lives in God
         and God in him.

Now we eagerly seek and to do the love of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment