Wednesday 28 May 2014

PSALM 86:11 Fear Thy Name

Psalm 86:11 ESV  Teach me your way, O LORD,
           that I may walk in your truth:
           unite my heart to fear your name.

Psalm 86:11  Coverdale Psalter
Teach me thy way, O Lord, and I will walk in truth:
O knit my heart unto thee, that I may fear thy name.

When we pray Ps86:11 ,in our heart we might be praying
that our heart may be more united with the heart of Jesus.
and that our will be more in harmony with the will of our Father.
We need to receive the teaching of God's word in scripture
We also need to be taught by the Holy Spirit so that we may
discern both God's will and our Duty in every circumstance.

On swearing the oath in court , Almighty God is addressed.
and in His presence people will speak having sworn to speak
only the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Our own experience shows that in reverence and awe
we are more aware of the Lord's presence.
So we can echo the psalmist's prayer
           "Unite my heart to fear thy Name"

No comments:

Post a Comment