Tuesday 24 November 2015

PSALM 17 Community of Unfailing Love

In Psalm 17 ,  the psalmist has a lot to share with us.
He shares his commitment and enthusiasm ;-
"  I have resolved  "  "I determined"   he says,
" I have treasured the words of your lips "
" walking deliberately in Your footsteps ".
The psalmist shares with us where he puts all his focus, and all his loyalty.
He shares with us that he is totally relying on God
and that he is putting all his eggs in one basket.
The psalmist is honest with us, with himself,
and with God ;-  his prayer is from
"lips free from deceit".
"My mouth will not trespass"
"by the word of your lips
I have avoided the ways of the violent.
My steps have held fast to your paths".
This psalm is a cry  to the God in whom David is putting his whole trust.
"Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea; listen to my cry"
The psalmist shares his faith, and all who join in his song share his hope.
"I call on You , O God, for You will answer me"
"You who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in You."
As the psalmist expresses his trust in God
so we put our trust in the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob
and sing with all the people of God
"hide me in the shadow of your wings"
We are together in faith and hope
and in practice we are people who put our trust
in the Lord our God.   We stand in His unfailing love
 and walk in his wonderful ways.
We are aware of smug and pitiless people whose heart is closed
 to the word of God, as well as to the cry of the poor.
The accusers of the faithful do not know the loving kindness of our God.
But God's love is eternal.

Psalm 3:5 NJB
As for me, if I lie down and sleep
I shall awake, for Yahweh sustains me.

Psalm 5:3 NJB
To you I pray , Yahweh, at daybreak you hear my voice.
at daybreak I lay my case before you, and fix my eyes on You.

Psalm 90:14 NJB
Each morning fill us with your faithful love
we shall sing and be happy all our days.

Psalm 17:15 NJB
But I in my uprightness will see your face
and when I awake I shall be filled with the vision of You.

Psalm 130:6 NJB
My whole being hopes in the Lord
more than the watchmen for the daybreak
more than the watchmen for the daybreak

Psalm 143:8 NJB
Let dawn bring news of Your faithful love, for I put my trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment