Saturday 5 December 2015

369 A Hiding Place


THOMPSON CHAIN REFERENCE STUDY BIBLE
Topic number 369 is  " A Hiding Place" and relates to  ;-
 divine overshadowing , divine refuge, and
a place of divine protection.

Psalm 17:8  New Catholic Version 2001
Guard me as the apple of your eye
hide me in the shadow of your wings.
and from the SAAS Orthodox Study Bible 2008
Keep me as the apple of Your eye
In the shelter of Your wings, You will shelter me
from the face of the ungodly who trouble me.

Psalm 27:5 N.C.V.
For he will hide me in his shelter in times of trouble.
He will conceal me under the cover of his tent.
from the A.V. .
....in the secret of his tabernacle he shall hide me.

Psalm 31:21 N.C.V.
You hide them in the safety of your presence
    from those who conspire against them.
You keep them safe in your shelter
    far from contentious tongues.

Psalm 32:7 N.C.V.
You are a place of refuge for me
     you preserve me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
and from the A.V.
Thou art my hiding place:
thou shalt preserve me from trouble..

Here is a prayer from the English Standard Version Study Bible 2008,
Psalm 36:7
How precious is your steadfast love, O God !
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 46:1 N.C.V.
God is our refuge and our strength
a well-proved help in times of trouble
From the A.V....a very present help in trouble.

In times of trouble, when we feel the need of God's protection,
we experience His presence. He is very close to us.

Psalm 57:2 N.C.V.
Have mercy on me, O God,   have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will seek shelter in the shadow of your wings
until the time of danger has passed.

Psalm 63:7-9  N.C.V.
7   I think of you while I lie on my bed
     and I meditate on you during the watches of the night
8   For you are my help,
     and in the shadow of your wings I rejoice
9   My soul clings tightly to you
     Your right hand holds me fast.



369  A Hiding Place   continued



Psalm 64:11  N.C.V.
The righteous will rejoice in the LORD
        and take refuge in him;

People who are faithful to His covenant....behave in this way !
Where else would New Covenant people want to dwell  ?

Psalm 91:1-4    S.A.A.S.Orthodox Study Bible
1     He who dwells in the help of the Most High
       Shall lodge in the shelter of the God of heaven.
2     He shall say to the Lord,
                                  "You are my protector and my refuge
        My God; I will hope in Him.
3     For He shall free me from the snare of the hunters,
       and from every troubling word"
4     He shall overshadow you with His shoulders
       And under His wings you shall hope;
       His truth shall encircle you with a shield.

                                    xxx
9    For You, O Lord, are my hope;
      You made the Most High your refuge.
                                    xxx

In verse 9  the voice of David seems to address our Lord

Psalm 119 :114  A.V.
Thou art my hiding place and my shield,
      I hope in thy Word

Psalm 143:9 NCV
Deliver me from my enemies, O LORD
             for in you I seek refuge.

Colossians 3:2-3 
2     Set your minds on things that are above
       not on things on the earth.
3     For you have died,
       and your life is hidden with Christ in God

HABAKKUK  3:4  from the Amplified Bible
       His Glory covered the heavens
       and the earth was full of His praise.
4     And His brightness was like the sunlight
       rays streamed from His hand, and there
       (in the sunlike splendor)
      was the hiding place of His power.

To take refuge in the shadow of his wings
is to put ourselves in a place of divine overshadowing
where there is great power,

Psalm 68:2 ESV
.........as wax melts before fire
       so shall the wicked perish before God

Psalm 46:6 ESV
........he utters his voice, the earth melts.

Psalm 97:5 ESV
The mountains melt like wax before the LORD
        before the Lord of all the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment