Thursday 28 January 2016

PSALM 23 Psalm and Sandwiches

According to Psalm 23 we are at a great victory banquet
in the company of all those who share in the victory.
We stand in the benefit of Christ's victory, Jesus, the victory has won.
God, in whose presence our ancestors walked,
is the God who has continued to shepherd us personally
throughout our whole lives, even until today,
                                             even while we are at work,
                                             even while we are shopping
                                             even while we are singing !
God assures us in Psalm 32:8   ;-
        I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.
        I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

It is the very voice of God who speaks these words
and continues to carry them out every day.
For centuries people have been singing Psalm 23:1-2
from the Book of Common Prayer.
1    The Lord is my shepherd,
             therefore I lack nothing.
2    He shall feed me in green pastures.

The God of Joseph  is ;-
The God who hath fed me all my life long unto this day.                 Genesis 48:15

Psalm 23:2     " He leadeth me "
The psalmist witnesses to the present continuous action of the Lord God in his own life.
Psalm 23:4    "Thou art with me"
In verse four the psalmist gives witness to his ongoing experience of the Divine Presence
of Emmanuel , God With Us.  and of Jehovah Shammah,  The Lord Who is Present.

Ezekiel 34 AV
14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel
     shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture
     shall they feed upon the mountain of Israel.
15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.

Today, members of the same flock walk in the presence of the same God,
and we are fed and shepherded by the same Shepherd..
This is the same God who Joseph described when blessing his sons
in Genesis 48:15      "God in whose sight my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk,
                                     the God who hath fed me all my life long unto this day."

Psalm 23 is a song of  Victory  for us and our God is serving a victory feast
with our enemies looking on !
How else can we have victory unless our God subdues our enemies?
How else can we enjoy the peace of victory?
God has delivered us time and time again
God is still delivering His people from all who hinder or harm the people of God.
and from all those who oppose the will of God,  The Psalmist knows.

Psalm 76:7      but You are to be feared,  who can stand against You ?
Psalm 23:4     Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
                        I will fear no evil      for you are with me......
.....and God is with us now.....and His name shall be called Emmanuel
                                                          which means God With Us .

No comments:

Post a Comment