Sunday 16 June 2013

PSALM FIVE VERSE ONE TO THREE

verse 1  KJV  Give ear to my words , O Lord, consider my meditation.

The previous psalm (4) was a joyful evening Psalm of joy, peace and love.
Psalm 5  with music flutes and singing asks God to note the words and the meditation !....
The meditation of the heart which has prepared us to make this Psalm our prayer.

verse 2 NLT  Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God
for I will never pray to anyone but you.
( Our prayer is heart to heart with the one true God.)

verse 3 KJV My voice shalt thou hear in the morning. O LORD:
In the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee
and look up.

in the morning we make our prayers.......
           KJV.......and look up
           NASB....and eagerly watch
           NIV.......and wait in anticipation
           ISV.......I will watch for your answer

Psalm 130:5......I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait,
                       and in his word I hope.

Psalm 5 verse 3 has us looking and eagerly waiting
                       perhaps as the pupil watches the teacher
                       or as the apprentice watches the master craftsman.

If we only say what we hear our master saying,  and only do what we see our master doing
That will be most Christlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment