Friday 13 September 2013

PSALM FORTY-ONE God is for us

Psalm 41:4  KJV
I said, LORD, be merciful unto me:
heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Psalm 41:4 GNB
I said " I have sinned against you, LORD;
be merciful to me and heal me."

Psalm 41:10 GNB
Be merciful to me, LORD, and restore my health.....

When we experience guilt or shame or remorse we feel the need of mercy.
When we experience pain or paralysis or palpitations we know our need of healing.
That is not academic or theoretical , it is experiential .
With the psalmist we can turn to God with our pain or our shame
because we know that God is not only with us, God is for us,
and the longer we live in that dynamic the more we experience the truth of it
and grow in appreciation of our ongoing fellowship with the living God
and the Fatherly wholesomeness of His will for us.....
personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment