Monday 23 September 2013

PSALM FORTY-THREE Verse Five

PSALMS ANEW,  Christian Brothers Publications, Minnesota  1986
Put your hope in God, for I shall again be thankful
in the presence of my Saviour and my God
Psalm 43:5 is a repetition of Psalm 42:11 and Psalm 42:5
so we have been told the same thing three times.

The psalmist is in exile and he is suffering persecution and injustice.
Although he feels some separation from God and a lack of God's
presence in his circumstances....he still puts his hope in God

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him,
my saviour and my God.

But the Christian believer lives in the transforming presence
and abiding love of God.
So we can sing with the psalmist;-
New American Bible 1971-72 edition
Hope in God ! For I shall again be thanking him,
in the presence of my saviour and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment