Sunday 27 October 2013

PSALM FIFTY, Discernment and Deliverance

In our quiet time before God, when we have prayed and asked for His direction.....
in the frame of mind that we want to respond to any revelation of His will for us......
then heart and mind are prepared .

Psalm 50: 7  New Catholic Version
"Listen, my people, and I will speak"

We wait on God knowing we owe Him everything.
If the Lord brings to mind, during our prayer time, any thoughts or attitudes which
reveal that we hate discipline or obedience or won't accept teaching;-
then we desperately need grace to be less immature.

Psalm 50:17 NCT
For you loathe my instruction and cast my words behind you .

If on the other hand , the Lord brings to mind , gratitude which we have expressed
in thanksgiving and praise.....
then the Lord has already been glorified in our attitude and behaviour !

Psalm 50:23 NCT
He who offers me a sacrifice of thanksgiving
     honours me
to him who follows my way
I will show the salvation of God

Psalm 50:15 NCT
Then if you cry out to me in time of trouble
  I will rescue you and you will honour me.

Those who depend on Him call out for deliverance
and our deliverance will glorify the Lord our God !

No comments:

Post a Comment