Wednesday 30 October 2013

PSALM FIFTY, Verse 15

Psalm 50:15  English Standard Version
15   and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you , and you shall glorify me.
Who is speaking in Psalm 50 verse 15 ?

Psalm 50:1 New Catholic Version
The Lord , God of gods, has spoken.
In Hebrew , a threefold formula for the divine
name that can be translated as
" The Mighty One, God, the Lord ".
Psalm 50:1 Tree of Life Version
God, Elohim, ADONAI has spoken.
Ps 50:6 ESV     for God himself is judge
Ps 50:14 ESV   perform your vows to the Most High
Ps 50: 14 Tof L fulfill your vows to Elyon
Ps 50:21 NJB   You do this, and am I to say nothing ?
                       Do you think that I am really like you ?
Ps 50:22 NCV  Remember this, you who forget God (Eloah)
Ps 18:32 NCV  Indeed who is God ( Eloah ) except the LORD. 

The offer is:-  Call on me.
                     I will rescue (or deliver ) you.
                     and you will honour me.
We have established who is speaking.
To whom is this offer addressed ?
In Psalm50      God calls     His people   Ps 50:4 ESV
                                          My people   Ps50:7  ESV
                       My kedroshim                Ps 50:5 TLV
                       My ("holy ones")             Ps 50    TLV
                       My faithful ones              Ps 50:5  ESV
The people of the God of Abraham        Ps 47:9  ESV
we are the people of His pasture            Ps 95:7  KJV

The offer made still stands.
His sacrifice gives us the freedom
to take up the offer or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment