Monday 7 October 2013

PSALM FORTY-SIX , Verse 10

Be Still and know that I am God.       AV and NIV
Stop dancing around and pay attention.
Be quiet and listen.
please pay attention
Be silent and know that I am God                   NLT
Cease striving and Know that I am God         NASB
Be still and acknowledge that I am God         NJB
Desist! Realize that I am God                         Jewish Publication Society

These words speak to the believer, they do,
but in the context of Psalm 46
these words are also a sovereign command.
The Lord is here addressing the enemy nations.
The LORD GOD is ordering them to desist
It is an imperative command
to stop their assault on God's people.
The Lord here asserts that His governance will be obeyed,
 and acknowledged by these very nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment