Wednesday 4 December 2013

PSALM 56, Walking With The King

I place my trust in you.
In God , whose word I praise.
In God, whose word I praise--
in the LORD, whose word I praise--
in God I place my trust.

 Psalm 56 verses 5 and 11 (NCV) is talking about
God's "word" by which He committed Himself to His faithful.

Psalm 105:8-10 (NCV)
He is mindful of his covenant forever
the covenant he made with Abraham
and the oath he swore to Isaac.
He established it as a decree for Jacob
and as an everlasting covenant for Israel.

Psalm 56:14 NCV  ( v13)
For you have delivered my life from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk in the  presence of God 
in the light of the living.

The psalmist enjoys ongoing fellowship with God.

Psalm 36:10 NCV
For with you is the fountain of life
and by your light we see light

1John 1:5,6 NRSV
God is light and in him there is no darkness at all
If we say we have fellowship with him while we are
walking in darkness, we lie.......
but if we walk in the light, we have fellowship....

All who are walking in the presence of God
are walking in the light.
1 John 1:7 NRSV
but if we walk in the light, as he himself is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another
and the blood of Jesus his son clenses us from all sin.

Walking is not standing still and not running.
Walking is moving on, moving on with the Lord,
in His company, by His side
with the Lord , whose word we praise
by which He committed Himself to His faithful.
We are walking with the King.

Psalm 16:11 New Catholic Version
You will show me the path to life;
  you will fill me with joy in your presence
  and everlasting delights at your right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment