Wednesday 11 December 2013

PSALM 57 Disposition for Prayer

Psalm 57:1 Jerusalem
Take pity on me, God, take pity on me,
in you my soul takes shelter;
I take shelter in the shadow of your wings.....

The prayer of the suffering church is the prayer of Christ
since He is head of the body of Christ.
Psalm 57 then is at once the prayer of God's suffering people.
Here the prayer of David is the prayer of Christ.

For those who  are willing and inclined to pray, our tendency to pray
finds direction and encouragement in Psalm 57.
We are offered in verse 1 a disposition for prayer
and in verse 2, true images of God.

Psalm 57:1 English Standard Version
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me
for in you my soul takes refuge:
In the shadow of your wings I will take refuge
till the storms of destruction pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment