Wednesday 11 December 2013

PSALM 57 Images of God

Psalm 57:2 The Message
             I call out to High God
             the God who holds me together.

GNB    I call to God, the Most High
             to God who supplies my every need.

KNOX   I will cry out to the most high God
               the God who has ever befriended me.

RSV      I cry to God Most High
&ESV   to God who fulfills his purpose for me.

SAAS      I will cry out to God most High
                My God who is my benefactor.

NCV        I call out to God Most High
                 to God who takes care of me.

alt             Who perfects his work in me.

REB        I shall call to God Most High
& TLV    to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.

The Cathedral Psalter  New Edition  1880
The American Anglican Church
                 I will call unto the most high God
                 even unto the God that shall perform
                 the cause which I have in hand.

The various translations of the second verse of Psalm 57
spell out incomplete but thoughtful and helpful insights
into the nature of our God as experienced by the psalmist
and the people of God down the centuries .

No comments:

Post a Comment