Friday 24 January 2014

PSALM 61:2-3

Psalm 61:2 b      Lead me to the rock
                           that is higher than I

Psalm 18    1     I love you, O Lord, my strength.
                   2     The Lord is my rock and my fortress
                          and my deliverer.

1st Corinthians 10:4  ESV......and the Rock was Christ

The mind of a person who loves God  (Psalm 18:1)
consequently remembers Him and has some understanding of Him.
When we remember God's love for us and grow in the knowledge
of Him, our attitudes and the choices we make become "right with Him"
and so become better for ourselves and those around us.

Psalm 61:3  ESV  for you have been my refuge
                              a strong tower against the enemy

St Augustine pointed out the difficulty of loving anything that we
do not remember and are totally ignorant of.
But here we learn that the psalmist remembers that in his own experience,
God has been his refuge and a strong tower against the enemy.
Throughout his prayer life,the psalmist has been growing in the knowledge of God
We  who are made in His image and likeness  have come to know something of Him
and are able to remember something of Him
With that experience, we are now in a better position to love our neighbor as our self
We can all the more join with the psalmist , to sing
I love you, O Lord, my strength.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment