Thursday 20 March 2014

PSALM 70 Direct Prayer

Psalm 70:1 NASB
O God, hasten to deliver me
O Lord, hasten to my help.

Psalm 70:5
But I am poor and needy               NKJV
But I am afflicted and needy         NASB

The psalmist is praying to God in order that his needs will be met.
There are many types of poverty.
Like the psalmist we pray, asking for the provision of what we do not yet have...but need.
There are many kinds of affliction.
Like the psalmist we pray for help and deliverance.

Psalm 70:5 continued
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay.

It is "You and me"......that personal !
For help the Psalmist turns to my help.
For deliverance the psalmist turns to my deliverer.
Verse 5 reveals a personal relationship, already established.

We have a Saviour , in whose name we pray to God the Father.
John 16:23 KJV
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing.
Verily ,verily, I say unto you,
Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name,
he will give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment