Thursday 7 August 2014

PSALM 101 Trustworthy People

Psalm 101:3-4 NRSV
I will not set before my eyes
anything that is base.

I hate the work of those who fall away;
it shall not cling to me.
Perverseness of heart shall be far from me:
I will know nothing of evil.

Loving parents pray that their children have discernment
and choose appropriate friends.

Caring counselors might pray that their clients
find supportive and not corrosive company.

Psalm 101:7 NRSV
No one who practices deceit
shall remain in my house;
no one who utters lies
shall continue in my presence.

We should not condone or permit
in our own home, in our own business
or in areas where we have responsibility and authority,
activity and behaviour which is against our own
Christian conscience.

It is folly to put our trust in persons
who are not trustworthy.
There is no virtue in exposing our family and friends
to wicked and unprincipled people
whatever their wealth or fame of popular standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment