Thursday 15 October 2015

PSALM 16 Trust in God

Psalm 16:1 KJV
Preserve me,  O God;   for in thee  do I  put  my  trust.

If you are utterly convinced that God's will for you
is the most wholesome for yourself and everybody else,.........
If you are sure that God's will is the absolute best that anyone could experience,
and that anything else would fall short of
God's purpose and intentions for each of us personally,..........
then you are at one with all those who have said
"Let it be done to me as you say"                     LUKE 1:38 NAB

For all of God's will is the very best for all of God's people.
The converse is also true;-
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
                                                                              Martin Luther King.

Luke 1:38  ESV
And Mary said," Behold, I am the servant of the Lord;
let it be to me according to your word."
ESV footnote 1:38
The section ends with Mary's example of true discipleship,
in submission to God's word and promise.
When we trust fully in the love and nearness of the LORD
we are quite at one with both the Psalmist David and
the blessed virgin Mary.

from  Psalm 16: ESV;-
1  Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2  I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;"
    I have no good apart from you.
5  The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
8  I have set the LORD always before me;
    because he is at my right hand 
    I shall not be shaken.

With our Lord Jesus we draw in daily prayer
to love and trust "Our Heavenly Father"as we pray
"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"
                                                               Matthew 6:10 KJV

We also reflect on the words of Paul from Acts 17:28
"In him we live and move and have our being"
For Paul's God is the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob.

In joyful submission to the will and and purposes of THE LORD OUR GOD,
we seek, in grace, to make our desires and plans,
in harmony with His loving intentions for us.
If the Father calls you to love as He loves you
in the fire of the Holy Spirit,   blessed are you !

Psalm 16:11 ESV
11  You make known the path of life;
      in your presence is fullness of joy;
      at your right hand are pleasures for evermore.

The joy we share reaches past the grave.....for evermore.
Death does not separate us from the love of God.
The gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.                      Romans 6:23 

No comments:

Post a Comment