Thursday 29 October 2015

PSALM 16 Our eternal journey

On a day to day basis
the congregation of the righteous
put their hope in the LORD
and in practice, trust everything
(their present and their future) to the living God.

ACTS 2:25-28 ESV
25     For David says concerning him,
         "I saw the Lord always before me,
         for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26     therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
         my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27     For you will not abandon my soul to Hades'
         or let your Holy One see corruption.
28     You have made known to me the paths of life;
         you will make me full of gladness with your presence"

So, year in, year out, (from the book of Acts until now),
 the community of hope is fulfilling the prophecy of  Psalm 16.
We can proclaim Psalm 16:8-11.

Psalm 16:8-11  NRSV
8      I keep the LORD always before me;
        because he is at my right hand,
        I shall not be moved.
9      Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices;
        my body also rests secure.
10    For you do not give me up to Sheol,
       or let your faithful one see the Pit
11   You show me the path of life.
       In your presence there is fullness of joy;
       in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.

Those who daily walk in the presence of the Lord
and put our hope and trust in Him
are in practice, fulfilling the words of prophecy
in Psalm 16.
So we are witnessing to the resurrection of Jesus !

Psalm 16:11 NCV
You will show me the path to life
you will fill me with joy in your presence
and everlasting delights at your right hand.

The NCV translation of verse 11
alludes to divine preparation for life in the next world.
    You will show me the path to life.
This grace will be experienced in joy
in the presence of the living God.
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.
This is the beginning of our eternal journey
where, at God's right hand,
there are pleasures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment