Tuesday 1 March 2016

PSALM 30 Tears of Repentance

Psalm (29) 30 REPENTANCE
Repentance means "Turning to God"  and away from that which
is displeasing to God. The act of repentance is accompanied by
sorrow from that which makes repentance necessary.
Mark 1:15
                  Turn away from sin and believe the good news.

John the baptist came preaching baptism and repentance
for the forgiveness of sins.                                          Mark 1:4

Because of human weakness, Christians "turn aside".
The faithful are called to continual conversion and renewal..

Psalm (29) 30 The Grail Translation from the Hebrew
5        Sing psalms to the LORD, you faithful ones,
          give thanks to his holy name
6        God's anger lasts a moment; God's favour all through life.

3        O LORD, I cried to you for help
          and You my God have healed me.
4        O LORD , you have raised my soul from the dead,
          restored me to life and from those who sink into the grave.

Turn to me O man and be saved says the Lord, for I am God,
There is no other, I am beside you, I call your name.

TEARS OF REPENTANCE

Psalm 30: 5  Jerusalem
5        in the evening a spell of tears
          in the morning shouts of joy. 

John 8: 31-32    34-35   Jerusalem
31      If you make my word your home
          you will indeed be my disciples;
32     you will come to know the truth
         and the truth will set you free.

34     In all truth I tell you
         everyone who commits a sin is a slave to sin
35     Now a slave has no permanent standing in the household
         but a son belongs forever.

Psalm 30:10  ESV
10      Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me !
          O LORD, be my helper !

With the LORD there is mercy and fullness of redemption.

Psalm 25:11  ESV
          For your name's sake, O LORD,
          pardon my guilt for it is great.

With the psalmist we place ourselves in the group of the humble
who wait on God for everything and are conscious  of our state of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment