Tuesday 1 March 2016

PSALM 31 Confession

Psalm 31:5  Grail from the Hebrew
5     But now I have acknowledged my sins
       my guilt I did not hide.
       I said " I will confess my offence to the LORD.

Psalm 51  ESV
1     Have mercy on me, O God
       according to your steadfast love
       according to your abundant mercy
       blot out my transgressions.

10   Create in me a clean new heart O God
       and renew a right spirit within me.

We who endure tough stuff
continually need God's grace and deliverance.
He constantly lifts us out of the mire.

Christ walked among us.
He was crucified and  He rose so that we
could be delivered from eternal punishment.
We can be brought into the fold of God
and be given the gift of eternal life.

Christians sing Psalms 30, 31 and 32
in the light of what Christ has done for us.

Psalm 31: 9-10  ESV
9     Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
       my eye is wasted from grief,
       my soul and body also.
10   For my life is spent with sorrow
               and my  years with sighing
       my strength fails because of my iniquity.

Psalm 31:4  Jerusalem
4     Pull me out of the net they have spread for me,
       for you are my refuge;

People con become ensnared in the nets
 of their own circumstances , when the 
results of previous bad decisions pile up.

Psalm 31:1 and 6  The Grail Translation
1      In you, O LORD, I take refuge
        Let me never be put to shame
        In your justice , set me free........

6      Into your hands I commend my spirit
        It is you who will redeem me Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment