Thursday 6 February 2014

PSALM 63 One in God's will

Joshua 1:8 ESV
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, 
but you shall meditate on it day and night, 
so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it.
It is the will of God that we should meditate on the word of God
in order that we may carefully do what is the will of God.
Psalm 119:55 ESV
I will remember your name in the night, O Lord, and keep your law.
We need to discern daily whether or not we are doing it.
How beneficial it is to put Psalm 63:5-7 into action in our own lives.
Psalm 16:17 REB
I shall bless the Lord who has given me counsel:
in the night he imparts wisdom to my inmost being.

Psalm 63:5-6-7 ESV
5  My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
    and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
6  when I remember you upon my bed,
    and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7  for you have been my help,
    and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
Here we have a picture of God as a nurturing eagle as in Psalm 91:4 ESV
He will cover you with his pinions,and under his wings you will find refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment