Saturday 1 February 2014

PSALM 62 Waiting Prayer

Psalm 62:1  ESV   For God alone my soul waits in silence.
Those who serve at table are still called waiters.
They also serve who only stand and wait.
Those of us who rush about  often want to tell God
what should be done, but to wait in silence to do
what we see the Father doing and to say only
what we hear the Father saying would be remarkably Christlike.
John 8:47 ESV 
Whoever is of God hears the words of God.
John 10:27 ESV
My sheep hear my voice.....
John 17:8 ESV
For I have given them the words that you gave me.

Psalm 62:11 Once God has spoken
                     twice have I heard this.
The psalmist may mean that he heard God's word
in his mind and in his heart.
In verse 1 "my soul waits in silence and in verse 11 God has spoken.
There is a prayer of silence in which we wait for God to speak:
A prayer in which we throw no words or requests in His direction
and in which we are open to receive something of His will and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment