Friday 16 August 2013

PSALM THIRTY-EIGHT DISCERNMENT AND GRACE

The psalmist does not rebel in psalm thirty-eight, he thinks that he deserves his suffering.

" as a result of my sins"  in verse four             New Catholic Version  A Saint Joseph Edition

The evidence that he has inner hope is the complete abandonment to God which he expresses

I place my hope in you , O LORD;                 N.C.V. Psalm 38:16 .

When praying psalm 38, we need to examine our own life and conscience with penetrating
impartial honesty, to discern where we fall short of wholesome righteousness in everyday life.

O LORD , all my longing is to known to you
and my sighs are not hidden from you.            N.C.V. Psalm 38:10

We need the grace of Christ for the renewing of our mind

"Come quickly to my aid ,  O LORD my saviour"
                                                                            N.C.V. Psalm 38:23

No comments:

Post a Comment