Tuesday 26 November 2013

PSALM 54 Authority in the Name

Psalm 54 : 1 & 6b  ESV
1  O God, save me by your name
    and vindicate me by your might.
6b  I will give thanks to your name,
      O LORD, for it is good.

Acts 3:6  " In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazereth ,
                   stand up and walk"
The power of Jesus was present and effective because Peter
had the authority from Jesus invested in him.
When a policeman says "Stop in the name of the law"
he has authority invested in him as a police man.
Each believer has the authority of a believer invested
in him or her

John 14:12-14 ESV
12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me
will also do the works that I do; and greater than these
will he do, because I am going to the Father..
13 Whatever you ask in my name, this will I do, that
the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 I f you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment