Tuesday 26 November 2013

PSALM 54 A Living Sacrifice

Psalm 54:6 (verse 8 in the St Athanasius Septuagint (SAAS)
I will sacrifice to You voluntarily.

Psalm 54:6 NKJV
I will freely sacrifice to You  

verse 6 is a prophecy of the free sacrifice of the Lord Jesus
on the cross of Calvary  where He gave Himself for us.
The greatest offering we can make is ourselves.

Take my life and let it be,
Consecrated , Lord , to Thee.
                    Frances Ridley Havergal, 1836-79

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small.
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
                    Isaac Watts 1674-1748
                    from " When I survey the wondrous cross"

Romans 12:1  ESV
I appeal to you therefore , brothers and sisters,
by the mercies of God
to present your bodies as a living sacrifice
holy and acceptable to God,
which is your spiritual worship.


No comments:

Post a Comment