Tuesday 9 December 2014

PSALM 119:160 Discerning TRUTH

Psalm 119:160 KJV
Thy word is true from the beginning:
and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

ESV    The sum of your word is truth
            and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

The word  of the Lord is a source of life that never languishes,
 because it is fed by infinite truth that continues for ever,
 therefor, it can never be exhausted
no matter how many drink from the life giving fountain.
                                                                                          NCV footnotes.
There are people who are quite dead to the truth of God.
You can tell who they are.
they do not rise up to praise God.
There are homes where the loving kindness of God
is not declared,
where the faithfulness of God is not proclaimed,
because the truth of His loving kindness and faithfulness
is not known or appreciated or accepted !
Are God's wonders known in such darkness?

There are people who are quite alive to the truth of God.
You can tell who they are..
Their lives are full and overflowing with the joy of the Lord.
Their homes are places of love and healing.
There are believers who are strong witnesses
for all the wonderful things which God has done in their lives.
Their hearts are a place where the saving justice of Jesus
is known and shared.
Rise up and praise God.

Psalm 140:13 NLT
Surely the godly are praising thy name
for they will live in your presence.

Psalm 119 NLT
11     I have hidden your word in my heart
         that I might not sin against you.

16     I will delight in your principles
         and not forget your word
17     Be good to your servant 
         that I may live and obey your word.
18     Open my eyes to see
         the wonderful truths in your law.

79     Let me be reconciled
         with all who fear you and know your decrees.

105   Your word is a lamp for my feet
         and a light for my path.

114   You are my refuge and my shield:
         your word is my only source of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment