Monday 2 March 2015

PSALM 138 Continual Defeat of Evil.

The psalms often recall God's defeat of evil.
Psalm 138 praises God for intervening
on behalf of his people.
Verse 8 is wonderfully encouraging and assuring.

Psalm 138:8 Holman Christian Standard Bible
      The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me.

Psalm 138:8 NASB
      The LORD will accomplish what concerns me.

Psalm 138:8  NLT
      The LORD will work out his plans for my life.

But before that can happen, "evil" has to be defeated
on our behalf in everyday life.

Psalm 138:7 ESV
      Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
             you preserve my life.
      you stretch out your hand against 
             the wrath of my enemies,
      and your right hand delivers me.

The Salvation Army U.K.
Spiritual thought for the day.. 23rd Feb 2015
Psalm 138:3 NKJV
In the day when I cried out
     You answered me
     And made me bold
with strength in my soul. 

The continual defeat of Evil by the Lord our God,
is the constant experience of believers,
and the cause of our thanks and praise.

Psalm 138:1  Holman Christian Standard Bible
I will give You thanks with all my heart
I will sing Your praise before the heavenly beings.

With the psalmist we address our thanks and praise to God.
Our praise and worship gives witness to what  God has
done for us..individually and collectively.
That is why we have been taught to pray like this;-

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done.
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the  power, and the glory
are yours
now and forever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment