Tuesday 17 March 2015

PSALM 142 God of my life

MY CRY TO THE GOD OF MY LIFE

Psalm 142:1 NIV
I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.

Psalm 143:1 NRSV
Hear my prayer , O LORD;
give ear to my supplications
in your faithfulness ;
answer me in your righteousness.

Psalm 141:1-2  NRSV
I call upon you, O LORD, come quickly to me
Let my prayer be counted as incense before you
and the lifting up of my hands  as an evening sacrifice.

Psalm 69:13 NRSV
But as for me , my prayer is to You O  LORD,
............answer me.

The psalmist was completely aware that he stood
before the Lord, as a member of God's covenant community.
But  the verses quoted here illustrate just how personal,
how one to one is his relationship with the God of Abraham.

Psalm 42:8  NRSV
....a prayer  to the God of my life.

Psalm 17:1
Hear a just cause, O LORD, attend to my cry ,
give ear to my prayer, 
from lips free from deceit.

Psalm 142: 3 NRSV
When my spirit is faint,
you know my way.

Psalm 142:5 NRSV
I cry to you,  O LORD;
I say , " You are my refuge ,
my portion in the land of the living.

Psalm 23: 6 from THE MESSAGE, is beautiful ,and points to
 our own ongoing personal relationship
with the living God.
"Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life."

We share the experience which the psalmist expresses
in Psalm 41: 12  ESV
You have upheld me.........................
     and set me in your presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment