Wednesday 4 March 2015

PSALM 139 People of His Presence

Psalm 139:1-5 New Living Translation
1   O LORD, you have examined my heart
     and know everything about me.
2   You know when I sit down or stand up.
     You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
3   You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.
     You know everything I do.
4   You know what I am going to say
     even before I say it, LORD.
5   You go before me and follow me.
     You place your hand of blessing on my head.

We are in the presence of God continually.

7   I can never escape from your Spirit !
     I can never get away from your presence !

According to verse 14, we are each a wonder of God,
wonderfully made.
Verse 13 reminds us that , in our mother's womb
we were made and knit together, by God himself.
Verse 15 tells us that the eyes of God were upon us,
in the womb !
Verse 16 shows that God saw us before we were born,
everyday.
From verse 17 we realize how precious are his thoughts,
for each remembered head.
Verse 18 reveals that every time we wake up,
He is still with us.
Our Creator still has the same love for us.
His benevolent loving eyes are still upon us.

We were in the presence of God in the womb.
Like the Angel of His Presence,
we are continually in His presence.
We are the People of His Presence.
We know that the power of God is all around us.
Like the Angel of His Presence.
We have many gifts which are not immediately visible,
our understanding, each ability,and inspiration,
Some gifts like love,forgiveness,patience and,generosity
are more easily shared.

Isaiah 63:9 JSP
The angel of His Presence delivered them 
in His love and pity.
There are lots of ways in which the People of His Presence
can make known the presence of God.
We have the love and pity of God in us !
As God leads us along the path of everlasting life
we can bear witness to His presence and His way !

Psalm 139:24 NLT
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
                                                                             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment