Friday 6 March 2015

PSALM 140 Hope for Us

We have a God who will deliver us from evil.....
that is why the psalmist prays as he does in verse one.
Psalm 140:1 NCV
Deliver me, O LORD, from evildoers;
protect me from those who are violent.

We have a strong deliverer.
That is how the psalmist addresses our God.
Psalm 140:8 NCV
O LORD, my God, my strong deliverer
you shield my head on the day of battle.

Our Lord is a just judge.
Psalm 7:9 NCV
The LORD is the judge of nations,
Therefore, pass judgement on me, O LORD,
according to thy righteousness.
Psalm 9:5 NCV
But you have upheld my just cause,
you are seated on your throne as a righteous judge.

Our Lord will vindicate the righteous poor.
Psalm 22:27 NCV
The poor will eat and be filled;
Those who seek the LORD will praise him:
Psalm 34:7 NCV
In my anguish I cried out;
the LORD heard my plea
and I was saved from my troubles.

The poor will praise His name.
Psalm 7:18 NCV
I will offer thanks to the LORD
because of his righteousness,
and I will sing hymns of praise to the 
name of the LORD Most High.

His people will live in His presence.
Psalm 23:6 NCV
Only goodness and kindness will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
for ever and ever.
Psalm 27:4 NCV
There is only one thing I ask of the LORD,
just one thin I seek:
to dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life.

Our hope is in the Lord who secures justice for us.
The Psalmist shares his Hope with us in Ps 140:13.
Psalm 140:13 NCV
I know that the LORD secures justice for the 
poor and upholds the cause of the needy.
The people of his presence are described as upright
and will continue to dwell in His presence.
Psalm 140:14 NCV
Then the upright will give thanks to your name,
and the righteous will dwell in your presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment