Thursday 19 March 2015

PSALM 143 His Active Presence

The Active Presence of Our Triune God 
Genesis 41:38 NRSV
Pharaoh said to his servants, " Can you find anyone
like this--one in whom is the spirit of God? "
Joseph was enabled by the Holy Spirit to interpret Pharaoh's dream.

When the Spirit rested on the seventy elders,
they prophesied . (Numbers 11:25)
Joshua, son of Nun was full of the Spirit of wisdom because
Moses had laid hands on him (Deuteronomy 34:9.
When the temple was to be re-built, the angel said;-
"This is the word of the LORD to Zerrubbabel:
Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit
says the Lord of hosts.

The active presence of our Triune God in everyday life.
Joel 2:28-29 RSV
I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy ,
your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men
shall see visions. Even upon the manservants and
 maidservants in those days, I will pour out my Spirit.

The psalmists prayer is for the presence and working of the
 Holy Spirit in his own personal experience in ongoing daily life.
Psalm 143:10 NRSV
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.
Let your good spirit lead me on a level path.

This is also the prayer of the psalmist in
 Psalm 51:10-12 NRSV
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me,
do not cast me away from your presence
and do not take your Holy Spirit from me
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and sustain in me a willing spirit.

Ezekel 36:26-27 NRSV
A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you;
and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you 
a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you, and make you
follow my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances.

1st Corinthians 12:3-4 +6 NRSV
....no one can say "Jesus is Lord"  except by the Holy Spirit.
Now there are varieties of gifts but the same spirit.
6 it is the same God who activates all of them, in everyone.
7 to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit
for the common good.

1st corinthians 14:1 NLT
Let love be your highest goal,
but also desire the special abilities
the Spirit gives...........

No comments:

Post a Comment