Saturday 6 July 2013

Meditation of the heart in PSALM NINETEEN

Meditation of the heart in Psalm 19 verse 14 AV

Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in thy sight,
O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

"Meditation of my heart"

The true believer loves the LORD his God with all his heart
and with all his soul.           see Deuteronomy 13:3

That is the context in which the true believer meditates 
in the sight of the LORD his God.

Meditation can mean, to engage in deep mental reflection.
Meditation of my heart is first of all, meditation of one individual, personally,
 engaged heart to heart with the living God.
Meditation of the heart is more than cerebral 
and includes the inmost feelings, intimate feelings of love and hope.
This meditation is carried out before God, in His sight
and very much in His presence... That is in the intimate presence of our LORD
who is our very strength and our actual Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment