Wednesday 10 July 2013

PSALM TWENTY-THREE Scottish Psalms of David in Metre

1  The Lord's my shepherd, I'll nor want        5  My table thou hast furnished
2          He makes me down to lie                             in the presence of my foes; 
    In pastures new: he leadeth me                     My head thou dost with oil anoint,
            the quiet waters by.                                     and my cup overflows.
3   My soul he doth restore again;                   6  Goodness and mercy all my life 
            and me to walk doth make                          shall surely follow me;
     Within the paths of righteousness                  And in God's house for evermore
            ev'n for his own names sake.                       my dwelling place shall be.
4  Yea, though I walk in death's dark vale
            yet I will fear none ill;
    For thou art with me: and thy rod
            and staff me comfort still.

HEBREWS 13:20-21    The Jerusalem Bible
I pray that the God of peace, who brought our Lord Jesus back from the dead 
to become the great Shepherd of the sheep by the blood that sealed an eternal covenant,
may make you ready to do his will in any kind of good action; and turn us all into whatever is acceptable to himself through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever , Amen.
                                                                              This is the word of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment