Sunday 21 July 2013

PSALM TWENTY-SEVEN in the land of the living

Psalm 27 verse 10,11a, 13 and 14. from the new translation by Miriyam Glazer.
10  Though my father and mother leave me, Adonai will gather me in.
      Teach me your way , Adonai,
      by leading me on a straight path.
13  Let me believe
     I will see the goodness of Adonai 
             in the land of the living---
     and I will hope in Adonai---
     Be strong ,
     have a heart of courage,
     and hope in Adonai.

EZEKIEL 11:19 ESV
And I will give them one heart , and a new spirit I will put within them.
I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh.

The inspired psalmist with whom we identify did not have a heart of stone,
but based on Ezekiel 11:19 we can pray for our own fellow countrymen ,
that God will give us a new heart  and put a new spirit within us,that Adonai
will remove the heart of stone from our flesh and give us a heart of flesh.
                                                                                                       AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment