Monday 22 July 2013

PSALM THIRTY-ONE verse 5

Psalm 31 verse 5 from The New Revised Standard Version

5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
          you have redeemed me  O LORD , faithful God.

The last words of Jesus on the cross.

Luke 23:46  NRSV

Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, "Father,
into your hands I commit my spirit."
Having said this , he breathed his last.

PSALM 31:5 provided the last prayer for Jesus and for Stephen;-

"Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"  Acts 7:59  NRSV

Psalm 31:14 +15a

But I trust in you , O LORD;
I say , "You are my God"
My times are in your hand;

Each verse quoted here may be seen as a lesson in prayer.
Every prayer we make should be made with just such
fundamental trust in the Lord.
To cry out such direct, heart to heart, one to one, prayer
in total dependence  and in such trust, is sooner or later
the experience of whoever believes in Jesus Christ..


No comments:

Post a Comment