Sunday 21 July 2013

PSALM TWENTY-SEVEN verse 1 and 4

From "Psalms of the Jewish Liturgy, A New Translation by Miriam Glazer.
verse 1.
Adonai is my light and my help, whom should I fear ?
Adonai is my source of strength, who can frighten me ?
verse 4
I have just one request of Adonai --for this I yearn --
Let me dwell in the house of Adonai all the days of my life,
let me gaze on the loveliness of Adonai , in God's sanctuary.

The psalmist feels such trust in God and such yearnings to be in His presence.
He reveals his strong feelings and expresses his own experience of trust.

As believers we can identify with the psalmist--and say yes--
Adonai is my light and my help whom should I fear ?
As believers we can identify with the psalmist  --and say yes--
Adonai is my source of strength, I yearn always to be in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment